I’m not sure what a “gob” is, but I’m certain that it describes how much reading is happening among the students in Oakland.
Let’s check the dictionary.
In the past week, here are some of the books that students in Oakland are reading:
- Jesse’s Girl, by Miranda Kenneally
- For the Win, by Cory Doctorow
- Firefight, by Brandon Sanderson
- Black Boy, by Richard Wright
- If You Could Be Mine, by Sara Farizan
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson, by John Green and David Levithan
- Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell
- The Young Elites, by Marie Lu
I’m proud to say that I’m purchasing new books quickly for students. They request a new title, and within 30 minutes, it’s on their Kindle. (Katie just requested a book today, on a Saturday. No problem!)
My hope is that students are getting the message that I’m serious when I say they can read books they want to read. The only rule is that students may request only one book at a time. No hoarding!
If you’d like to support Oakland students on their reading adventures, please consider making a donation via PayPal.